Saturday, February 12, 2011

Gifts that Refine!


“The process of shaping the child…shapes also


 the mother herself. Reverence for her sacred 


burden calls her to all that is 


pure and good, that she may teach primarily


 by her own humble, daily example.”


Elisabeth Elliot, The Shaping of a Christian Family

I read this quote this morning and was reminded of how much my children have helped me in the process of molding me to be like Christ.  I am so thankful for how I see my faults through the process of being a mom.  Being a mom has revealed my own selfishness at times and driven me to the Savior on many moments.  I can remember being weary and crying out to the Lord for His help.  He is truly where our help comes from in such a great task.  So.....I am being shaped and I'm thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment