Monday, March 2, 2009

DIRT POTS :-)


 We had a wonderful Lord's Day yesterday with so much encouragement from God's word.  The one thing that stuck out to me was: 

2 Corinthians 4:6-7 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. BUT we have this treasure in EARTHEN VESSELS, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. 
 
I was struck by the earthen vessels portion which the speaker brought out that they are fragile and they break yet that is what God calls us;  but it is through these cracks that God's light can shine through so that others may see Jesus.  I don't always like those cracks but when this happens others can see the power of God working and not us!  
I pray that in my life that others see the power of God and not myself.  The speaker challenged me/us to not be China ( as in fine dishes, looking oh so good in a prideful way ) but to be the earthen vessels that God calls us.   Yep!  That's it.....just plain old dirt pots used for the Glory of God! 

The next verses go on to say this: 

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 
We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair, Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.  

I may suffer many things on this side of heaven but God will not abandon me and through my trials may I be the earthen vessel that He has said I am ( cracks and all )  so that others may see His power working in my life! 
We truly serve a great God!
cg

No comments:

Post a Comment