Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Time to Focus

This year the Lord provided an opportunity for me to attend a LPA through the generosity of my in-laws ( really in- love as well as in law but we'll stick with tradition ).  This was a time for me to go and spend time focusing just on the Lord and allowing Him to minister to my heart.  There were things that He showed me that needed to go and things that needed to be put on.  I am thankful that the Lord is always molding us into His image and what He desires for us.  The one thing I walked away with was the fact that I love to gather with my sisters in Christ who have a sincere heart.  I was also provoked unto love and good works by what the speakers shared and what that meant for me was that my good work is to rest in Jesus and to be compelled by the love of Christ in all I do because He first loved me and gave His life for me.  

I don't know about you but in the every day life of being a wife and mother it is hard to quiet ourselves long enough to hear that still small voice that guides us.  I am so thankful that God gives us these times.  

cg

No comments:

Post a Comment