Tuesday, March 31, 2009

AM I A COMFORTER???

I have the older two boys going through a study on affliction, which is part of the curriculum we use.  It has been an excellent study and one of the books of the bible that they are going through is Job.  This of course has me in the book of Job also, and I am so thankful it does. I'm learning a lot.  Here is a verse that struck me this morning, probably because one of my children pointed it out yesterday.  

 

Job: 16:2-5

                  

I have heard many such things: miserable comforters [are] ye all.


Shall vain words have an end? or what emboldeneth thee that thou answerest?


I also could speak as ye [do]: if your soul were in my soul's stead, I could heap up words against you, and shake mine head at you.


[But] I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the moving of my lips should asswage [your grief]


I can testify to some times in my life when I have been just like Job's friends but with God's grace may I take to heart this counsel and allow God to help me in this area in the future. It reminds me of the verse that says to "let your speech ALWAYs be seasoned with grace".  Oh may God give me grace filled speech!


No comments:

Post a Comment