Tuesday, April 21, 2009

REMINDED HOW MUCH I HAVE IN JESUS CHRIST

2 Corinthians 6: 1-10 


I was reading in Corinthians this morning the above passage and my heart was so blessed by God's word.  The whole passage is awesome but what really struck me was verse 10: 

As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich: as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.  


By sight....I may be poor, yet I am rich in the Lord Jesus and can make many rich by sharing Jesus with them.  By sight again...I may have nothing but according to scripture...I possess all things in the Lord Jesus.  What wonderful reassurance from God's word in times of turmoil in my own life.  To be reminded of what is important and how much I have in Him.  "As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing" ! 


This paints a picture for me of a person that appears as someone who may not have anything..........a homeless person sleeping on a bench, or standing on the corner with a sign.  In a wordly sense at times we may appear just like these beggars/homeless to those who chase after wealth and fame;  yet the Lord tells us in Him not only are we rich but we have the ability to make others rich.  Not only do I have nothing but in Him I possess all things.   In Sorrow, I can rejoice.  


Ahhhh....I pray that in my life I will not receive the grace of God in vain!  ( 2 Cor. 6: 1 ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment